PDA

View Full Version : Positioning in email stationery

inf4m0us
09 Oct 2005, 05:30 PM
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with a stationery template I built in standard HTML. I set the entire thing up in a table, which is made up of three rows of different background colours, where the middle row contains a logo.

Whenever I try to send a reply, though (not that I reply to myself often...but I do enjoy sending the first email to myself) the whole thing stays at the top. Obviously, it should move down to make way for the reply text but it just stays there, doing nothing constructive at all!

I have no idea as to how I'd go about forcing it to move down like a regular text email would when you tried replying to it. Any suggestions?

Rincewind
09 Oct 2005, 06:34 PM
HTML based emails are unpredicable things. You've already made the error that the behavior of your own mail client when replying is the same as that of other people. It's probably not. There are so many different email clients and interpetations of how to treat html email by these different clients. Also, you didn't tell us what mail client you are using. So we have no idea how to advise you to sort any problem. Remembering that sorting your display problem might be messing up the display for some other system setup that you haven't tested on.