PDA

View Full Version : Do whois scripts get banned?

caski2
19 Oct 2005, 05:12 AM
I'm using a php whois lookup script (mrwhois php).

I’m wandering if when a query is made to a whois server does the script use the surfers IP or my sites IP? What I'm really asking is: can my site get banned by the servers for too many queries?

Rincewind
19 Oct 2005, 01:02 PM
If the whois is run via a php script, then it's your server's IP that will be involved not the user. The various whois servers have different rules. So you will need to check with the whois server owners site to see what those rules are. Some whois servers don't like too many requests. Some use systems to tell real people form automated requests. Others actually encorrage automated requests. If you are doing allot of requests, you could always setup your own local mirror so the searches are done locally.

caski2
19 Oct 2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks a lot. Can anybody give me advice on witch are the best whois servers for multiple automated queries?

mathan
08 Dec 2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks a lot. Can anybody give me advice on witch are the best whois servers for multiple automated queries?
I haven't use any servers for multiple WhoIs queries. But i use to get whois lookup usually from . This site provides me accurate details. You can have a try with it.

mathan
08 Dec 2012, 03:47 AM
I haven't use any servers for multiple WhoIs queries. But i use to get whois lookup usually from http://www.whoisxy.com/ . This site provides me accurate details. You can have a try with it.