PDA

View Full Version : How to configure my Yahoo Domain Name for third oarty hosting space.

Askme
24 Oct 2005, 12:34 PM
Dear All,

Recently, I have bought the domain name from Yahoo. The problem is that I don't know what field and what to configure, so that it will be directed to my hosting space which I have bought from other thisrd party not yahoo.

Here are some of the option which I can see on my advanced Yahoo DNS Domain Config pannel, please advice me what to do..

Type: Source: Destination: Actions:
A Record erealmedia.com Yahoo! IP Address Edit | --
CNAME Record *.erealmedia.com Yahoo! Hostname Edit | --
CNAME Record mail.erealmedia.com Yahoo! Hostname Edit | --
CNAME Record www.erealmedia.com ns1.secure-bits.net Edit | Delete
the last one I modified, by seeing the webhosting server configuration pannel which reads ----- Name Server Records:
ns1.secure-bits.net - 202.75.42.181

Now the problem is that, when I type my URL www.erealmedia.com it is opening the control pannel of my webhosting company, not my actual site (Index page) Please let me know how to configure my Yahoo Domain with this hosting Space,

Thanks

alvo
24 Oct 2005, 02:37 PM
The "A" or "Address" record links the domain name to an IP address. Set up an "A" record for both erealmedia.com and www.erealmedia.com that go the the IP address of your site. Source is the domain name, destination is the IP address.

Delete the "C" (or "Common Name") records as they are used to create an alias from one domain name to another.

You need an "MX" or "Mail Exchange" record if you need to specify what server on the Internet is running e-mail software that is configured to handle e-mail for your domain. Additionally, if you define several MX records, the Priority lets you specify the order in which they should be tried. Mail servers with the lowest pritority will be tried first.