PDA

View Full Version : create page from a form

shdwmnk
16 Dec 2005, 01:09 PM
Hey all, I'm new here, both to the site and to the web programming world. I'm in a little dilema and need some help. I did some searching and couldn't find anything to help me yet.

My boss has set before me something I can't quite tackle yet. He wants me to be able to create a form that includes the ability to upload a picture. When submitted he wants all the information to go into a template, the page to be saved and then added to an already existing web page. Kinda like a specialized content manager.

I can make the form, but I have no idea where to start on the image upload script. As for everything else...

My idea is to use global variables, send them to the template page which places the variable content into their respective locations. But I don't know how it would save itself, add a link to an already existing page, and still be able to have the template.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

(I think I got this in the right spot, but if not move away)

shdwmnk
17 Dec 2005, 04:42 PM
i found some tuts on image uploads, but i'm still lost on the saving and the addition to existing web pages, and even the creation of the page from a form entry.