PDA

View Full Version : Login User Server Behaviour in Dreamweaver

kirstybandm
21 Dec 2005, 02:33 AM
Hi,
I'm building a customer area for a website I'm developing and want to restrict access to pages.

I don't know a vast amount of .asp but have achieved some cool stuff using the premium content articles on Building a Website with Restrictive Access. from DMXZone

I've managed to set the website so that when they Login they're name appears at the top of everypage, like DMXZone, by creating a UserID session that I applied to my template.

But what I want to do is once my customers have logged in that first time I want them to be able to view unrestricted pages and when they go back to the restrictive access pages they are already logged in and don't have to do it again.

Is there a way to ensure they stay logged in so can view both resticted and open pages freely once they have initially logged in? and maybe even remember the viewer when they return to the website? Again like DMXZone and other websites like Amazon can do this as well.

Thanks

Kirsty

If it helps. I'm using Dreamweaver MX2004 with ASP VBscript pages and a Microsoft Access 2000 database in Windows XP.