PDA

View Full Version : Need some help... what's the best method of approach?

rca420
16 Jan 2006, 10:31 PM
Hi guys!

I'm trying to create 200px by 100px boxes on my webpage according to the # of boxes stated in the database.

What i have in mind is to have the php script read the # of boxes in the database and then populate/create the boxes accordingly on my website. How would I do that? Please show an example if you have any... Thank and have a good day! :nod:

maximumwd
17 Jan 2006, 05:17 PM
You can handle this in many different ways...

If you are using a MySQL and PHP its fairly easy, you can use my MySQL query to grab the number value from a table row in the database and then have a "for" loop in php looping the value you grabbed from the database table....

For each loop you do, you dynamically write out the code for the box.

This will generate the amount of boxes which is specified at a table in your database.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to create 200px by 100px boxes on my webpage according to the # of boxes stated in the database.

What i have in mind is to have the php script read the # of boxes in the database and then populate/create the boxes accordingly on my website. How would I do that? Please show an example if you have any... Thank and have a good day! :nod: