PDA

View Full Version : Which language is best for my website??

Sharky
20 Jan 2006, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction here. Basically I am new to programming languages, although I have worked with html for quite a while. I am looking to create a website that undoubtedly requires some form of coding, but I am not sure which language would be the most appropriate for this task. This is what I basically would like to do:

I wish to create a website that allows people to upload images and put them on my website in the image category that they think they should go. I would also like people to have the ability to search for a particular type of image and to add comments to an online forum kind of thing next to each image. I would also like the website to manage its self in respect to the way that it displays the images on website pages, for example, newest images first, largest images first etc.

Please could someone tell me which programming language would be most suited to this task as I do not have a clue?!

Many thanks in advance

Sharky

chauy.com
28 Jan 2006, 12:42 AM
As most of the forum scripts are based on PHP and ASP, I will suggest to go with PHP. In addition you may also integrate MySQL with PHP.