PDA

View Full Version : Good ecommerce idea?

Ciniv
28 Jan 2006, 01:33 AM
Well I am new to this forum, and I'm not even sure I'm posting in the correct spot so forgive me if I am indeed not posting this where I am supposed to be. I was just wondering though if anyone could tell me if they think there would be some market for custom navigational menus done with advanced mouseover effects and professional grade graphics. The idea was to open a small internet company that in 12 hours could design you any menu you want and then install it onto your site for only 9.99. Anyone think it might get some sales?

Thanks so much, John.

DanInManchester
28 Jan 2006, 08:26 AM
I'm sure you could get some money out of it but I'm not sure it would be that profitable. Bare in mind that there is plenty of free advice around on this kind of thing and various software packages will do it for you. You can also buy plugins and components to do this.

There is certainly a market for professional graphics. I subcontract out when I need serious graphics as my skills lie with development. I could very easily create a menu as you mentioned. I could also make it look nice but not to the standard of a graphic designer.