PDA

View Full Version : Help with password proteced directory browsing...

okboosted
12 Feb 2006, 08:32 PM
I searched on this but did not find exactly what I was looking for...

I have sucessfully password protected the directories on my site using the .htaccess file. The problem however was that all links I had to files within that directory were broken...ex I password protected my images folder, well whenever a visitor tries to hit a page with images they are broken and they are asked for login/password. I want to have password protected directory browsing(for me only) but still allow for people to still be able to access direct links from within the folder.

Reason I am doing this is because FTP access is blocked at my work so I am unable to browse for files I need that way. Some of these URLs are very long and a hassle to remeber or I usually end up needing a file at work and cant remeber the exact location it resides in. I do not want to just open up directory browsing either. I'm hoping that there is a better way. Thanks for your time.

dotcomguy
16 Feb 2006, 01:10 AM
I would use a php script to protect the various pages, this will leave your directory open to links and your image links try hotscripts.com for password proction php scripts.