PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Shopping Cart Opinion

acme401
15 Feb 2006, 09:46 AM
Hate to start another thread on shopping carts but I couldn't find my answers in the other threads.

Ok, here is the deal: Very small site, the GF is selling party tags (don't ask, it's a girl thing ;) ) we don't expect to sell too much on-line because all of her customers are local, old and related to her. I just want to be prepared for the the "what if". I'm starting to set up the site with a PayPal cart, seems easy enough but almost too easy. Are there any known dangers I should be on the look out for? I'm not worried about CC fraud because since all the stuff she sells is custom made, there will be plenty of customer/designer contact. Just wondering if there is a reason not to use PayPal.

Thanks for you time!

Bill

DanInManchester
20 Feb 2006, 05:23 PM
PayPal sounds ideal for you.

It can be used very simplisticly with copy and paste code and I would suggest thats how you start out.

PayPal allows you to go a step further and do all kind of clever things through server side coding so should you expand it will continue to meet your needs.

My only bone of contention with PayPal is the lack of configurability. If you look at a service from the likes of worldpay it integrates almost seemlessly and you are able to configure it to look more fluid within your site but then you pay for this.