PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Matching Colors

lindsm
15 Feb 2006, 11:25 AM
A client of mine sells leather and posts color samples on his website. Many purchases are made based on the color swatches, which are at times far from accurate. The alternative is to send out color samples to all customers before they purchase - which wastes both time and money.

My question is, is there a way to make the color swatches on the web more accurate? I realize that the appearance of a graphic will vary from one monitor to the next, and it is impossible to have a graphic look exactly the same on all monitors, but there must be something that I can do to cut down on the number of samples that he sends out. Any suggestions???

dk01
15 Feb 2006, 04:36 PM
You could have clients create a color profile before they select a sample and then adjust swatches accordingly. There are methods for doing this (albeit complex) so here is the only site I have bookmarked that has such a solution. The tool is their monitor calibration tool.

http://easyrgb.com/index.html

Color on the web is a tough subject. I really have a hard time matching since I have such bright lcd's. Good luck.

-Jim