PDA

View Full Version : Homepage Layout Issue

webwiz2000
28 Feb 2006, 03:59 AM
Can you provide any help with a layout issue I have on my homepage?

When the site loads up for the first time, the layout has 2 horizontal spaces within the top navigation area which should not appear. This then causes a layout issue further down the page where a demo virtual tour is not displayed correctly.

Site WWC Homepage (http://www.webwizardconsulting.com/)

The strange this is that if you then refresh the page all of the homepage is laid out correctly. This problem is obviously causing issues as new visitors would just see a badly designed homepage

Can you help ascertain where the problem might be occurring.

Thanks

Wickham
01 Mar 2006, 05:40 AM
When the site loads up for the first time, the layout has 2 horizontal spaces within the top navigation area which should not appear. This then causes a layout issue further down the page where a demo virtual tour is not displayed correctly.

The strange this is that if you then refresh the page all of the homepage is laid out correctly. This problem is obviously causing issues as new visitors would just see a badly designed homepage
Thanks

I saw the two white bands when I first loaded the page. It opened minimised and when I maximised the page they disappeared so they do this without refreshing too.

I cannot replicate them now so it is difficult to find out the cause.

At the beginning of your body code you have
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td rowspan="10" style="width:50%; height:100%; background-image: url(/graphics/bg1222.jpg); background-position:right top; background-repeat:repeat-y"></td>
<td rowspan="10"></td>
<td colspan="2">
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td rowspan="2"> etc.

Perhaps the rowspan="10" is causing the problem.
You have an outer table with rowspan="10" then an inner table part of which has rowspan="2". I do not know what rows the remainder of the inner table has but is there a discrepancy here?

Tables are flexible for rows so are some of the rowspans necessary?