PDA

View Full Version : demonline.co.uk

dunkjmcd
26 Mar 2006, 01:32 PM
Demonline.co.uk (http://www.demonline.co.uk)
Its my first shot at using a content management system(e107).
I was aiming for something like bebo or myspace for use with a smaller number of people. I was hoping a few of you could join up and test run the site. add some suggestions to the suggestions page etc. that would be great
Dunk

alvo
26 Mar 2006, 04:01 PM
"DeMonline.co.uk ... sign on now!"

For what? What am I signing on for? I have no clue looking at this page what the purpose of the site is or who it's aimed at, and if I don't know if it's something I might be interested in, why would I sign up?

Even going to the one content area gives me no clue as the topics there are "random chat" and "information" and neither tells me what the site is.

You need to identify the reason the site is here and what you can do on it. The first step is to write a short (six- to eight-word max) tag line that describes the site and put that under the logo. If more is required to explain after giving them that, then add a sentence opr two as an introduction.

Remember that people make a decision on staying and using a site or leaving and going elsewhere within seconds of landing on a page. Not telling them where they are or why is a fatal mistake when trying to build a following.