PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge...

pelicanmike
04 May 2006, 02:59 AM
I'm after advice more than anything really..

I've been freelancing in my spare time for the past year and a half. It's got to a stage now, where i'm having to turn down work, and am working flat out in my spare time. I also have a 9-5 job.

Ideally I wish to go freelance fulltime... So opinions and advice would be appreciated..

My situation at the moment is that most freelance work I do comes from 2 clients (who own their own web design companies), and they give me all of their development work... I am also making websites from scratch with an old school friend when i get the chance. Here is my latest: http://www.sandfordestates.co.uk

Is it hard to make a living freelancing? I come from a programming background, hence I do web dev. only - and haven't had a lot of experience with design..

Thanks for any advice,

Mike

Compumaniac12
05 May 2006, 07:07 PM
wow, very nice website. being a kid i cannot say anything from experiance, but ide say you have to look at it financially. Is the job something your gonna stick with for the rest of your life and retire on? or just something to keep ya goin at the moment? freelancing is incredibly risky, but can be incredibly successful. I say, whats the job worth that you have? is it worth sticking to for the retirement? Or is it a low wage boring do anything else if i could job?
not that you didnt already think that, i just dont wanna put ya in either direction cuz i dont know anything about you.