PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback would be appreciated.

trashbox
16 Jun 2006, 10:20 PM
I've just finished the layout for my personal site. There are still a few things I need to do; such as cleaning/commenting the CSS and changing/adding some content.

At this point I'm really just trying to learn everything I can about creating sites. I'm not a design guru and I've been focusing on making the site standards compliant and easy to use.

As far as I can tell the site renders nearly identical in the browsers I've tested (IE6, Firefox, Opera). I'd appreciate any info on problems people might have in other browsers.

The only problem I'm aware of is the main page does not validate. I've tried several different doctypes, but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. I'm using an RSS feed from Google News as the main page content (I don't have much to say, but wanted to put some photos online).

Thanks for taking the time to check it out, and I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Site: luke.blue42.net (http://luke.blue42.net)

Compumaniac12
17 Jun 2006, 07:44 AM
i love the centered box with the thin black border and gray outside
as for validating, youll probably want to start with 4.0 transitional as its very loose. Once you get that you can work the xhtml, ect.