PDA

View Full Version : Web Forwarding / Redirection Domain Type Thing. Please Help!!!

tobydog
09 Jul 2006, 09:50 AM
Heya, I'm designing a science website for my college and am trying to sort out the domain naming stuff.

When I last did this webbie sort of thing, I used 123 reg, bought a domain name and redirected it to my homepage.ntlworld.com URL, because the site was hosted with NTL.

However, I got a bit confused about all of the forwarding options. I just wanted the usual domain forwarding thing i.e. mydomain.com/folder/page.htm, but the only way I could do that was using the 123 reg "framed" web redirecting option. However, I read somewhere that using this option meant that google couldn't index your site, so I eventually retreated and chose another redirecting option.

Now that I'm doing another site, I want to make sure I get the redirection part of things right, so do I use 123-reg again and pick another redirection option that maybe I've missed, or is there a completely different domain registration service that does the redirection correctly and can be googled?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks, Alex.

intiendes
11 Sep 2006, 02:31 AM
ive seen a lot of site that goes redirect but google index it ... i guess its because they havent been caught yet :) sooner or later it will be gone ... so i suggest you do your work clean :)