PDA

View Full Version : Image position ???

j4mes_bond25
20 Aug 2006, 09:11 AM
I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction in having an image at certain location, which I haven't yet managed to get.

www.meltonbusiness.co.uk is the website

I need any images that I want appearing in the "right_col" area. Problem is ONLY the top image appears perfectly well. But if I try putting any image half way down the content, it doesn't quite appear at the same area as the top-right image i.e. far-right side.

In the index page (home) I've a SECOND image bit further down, which DOES NOT appear on the same "right_col" area as the top image.

Can anyone help ???

Wickham
20 Aug 2006, 11:27 AM
The right_col is 250px wide while the image janice.jpg is only 200px wide. If you add text-align: right; to the stylesheet for #right_col it will move it to the far right of the div.

Text-align: right applies to text and surprisingly images as well.
----------
Note: your footer is using up more than 100% width and causing a scrollbar. If you use the scrollbar you can see that all higher divs are exactly using 100% of the window but the footer is using about 20px more.

Remove width: 100%; from .footer div in the stylesheet. I'm not quite sure why the padding of 10px both sides is making it more than 100%, but it is.