PDA

View Full Version : Low Budget but good customer seeks designer

nakazato
09 Sep 2006, 06:08 AM
I'm just going to preface this by saying I don't expect anyone to respond seriously but I hope that you do consider this. I would like to give a good boost to my business and here's what I need:

(I posted here because it looks like the Web Design Requests forum is not very popular)

My Website Outline

Includes the following kinds of pages: New Computer Quote form with an overview, Pages for pre-configured systems with some configurable options via drop down menu that is able to display an image next to the drop down menu either via a link to the image or a small clickable picture link and pricing with quick information snippets, General Service Information Page, Quick Help and Information forum, and Links for Customer Assistance

Website should not be cluttered, it should be simple and straightforward as to what I do and the few kinds of pages offered should be easily navigated without lots of crazy special effects and eye candy. It should have a feel of a professional business while letting the person know that it is just me and not just some company that will be taking care of them with my services.

As far as graphics go, I would like minimal images except for perhaps a nice looking logo whether it be animated gif, flash, or just a great graphic. Colors for menus and backgrounds should coordinate well. I like the colors of black, silver, blue, white, and red in that order.

I own three domains: waukeshapc.com(city I live in), k2pc.com(knowledge and know-how), and imapctech.com. I am currently registered as a sole proprietorship business in the state of Wisconsin under the business name “Waukesha PC” and have been for 4 years now.

I am able to do very light webpage editing and would appreciate it if the pages were easily edited, especially the Pages for pre-configured systems with the fields for the forms and links to the images.

I do not even have a modest budget for a site. I can afford perhaps $150 up front after using my own webspace that I use for k2pc.com and trust me… I know that is laughable to any real professional. That is not to say that I won’t have a larger budget in the near future. I could afford perhaps $150 every month for a total of $450 or I could guaranty something like 15% of my revenue before expenses not exceeding a certain amount for a year or perhaps a trade of services or some computer equipment. I am going to feature my website in classified ads as currently I have relied on only 2 classified ads in the last 3 years and word of mouth to net me over 150 customers where 75% or more have had me back and the other 25% hopefully just haven’t needed me back. I believe the latter because I get referrals from people I only vaguely remember.

E-mail me: general @ k2pc.com. By the way, my website is very dated so don’t look at my prices for systems and believe I’m a ripoff artist. I am very willing to accredit the designer of my site. I do want a nice looking site, so please only e-mail me if you are confident in your ability. (I know full well beggers can't be choosy, but I would like to build a working relationship with someone who is competant, that I can work with in the future, and refer people to.)

nakazato
09 Sep 2006, 10:46 PM
Out of 26 Page views, I received 4 e-mails. Your industry seems to be filled with people willing to work and the way it looks, I bet the experienced people are very used to being undercut by either foreign professionals or young talent. I bet most freelance web developers have a hard time breaking in.

Since I did get 4 e-mails, I'm not going to make it any harder for the people that took the initiative like these 4 did, I will choose among you.