PDA

View Full Version : Web Design Schools Recommended

JasonChan
19 Sep 2006, 12:11 AM
Hi,

I am planning to enter into the field of web design but I have a hard time finding out which school I should attend. I have heard from several people that this is something you learn on your own, online through tutorials or forums such as this one. I have been reading up on an Oreilly book about HTML and CSS and played around with the coding from several sites. however, I do not consider myself advancing or learning at a good rate. I am considering go to school but I am unsure which schools are good at teaching this material in California. I am not strictly trying to learn the coding aspect, but also the design as well. Art Institute Santa Monica or Art Institute of San Diego? I have been living in SD for the last 5 years and I love it down there. However, due to some personal reasons, I may have to move back up to L.A. So I am thinkin about attending the school in santa monica. Has anyone in this forum attended any one these schools. Any advice or input in deciding which school to enroll in? I am planning to major in Interactive Media Design which focuses on graphics/web design (including HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, etc.) Does anyone know if there is a difference in terms of curriculum and finding a job between these two places?

Thanks,

Jason