PDA

View Full Version : Email Server/Software

beatsuite
23 Oct 2006, 09:45 AM
Hi folks, would really appreciate some feedback and guidelines. I know there are similar topics but not quite was I was after.

I'd like some advice on how I can send emails through an office computer for a small business. We send out a few thousand emails per month to our newsletter subscribers and we've had trouble with SMTP.

I'd like to know how I can go about setting up a server on a machine to serve as an email server, but also as an anonymous server, without revealing vunerable info.

I'm hoping this would bypass relying on ISPs and external/3rd party servers as it'll only be used for sending out our newsletter during office hours.

What would I need to do, how can I do it, and what's the best most cost-effect or free way of doing it?

Thanks a lot, I'm sure from what I've read that you guys could help me out.

rfwilliams777
15 Oct 2007, 11:27 PM
Depending on your costs, I would recommend hosting your e-mail with someone like ::mod edit - do not advertise::. If you're wanting to host your e-mail in house, I would recommend using Mail Enable. For sending out newsletters, I would recommend using a company such as Constant Contact.