PDA

View Full Version : Any Adsense Guru?

evishy
08 Nov 2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Guys,

if you are a adsense expert, can u tell me please whether my google ads which i have placed in my forum will work for me? and please tell me how to improve my adsense ads to get more clicks on it?

my forum link is http://www.evishy.com/fhome.asp

alvo
09 Nov 2006, 01:30 AM
They would work better if you moved them to where people are most likely to click on them. People go to a site for information or to do something. That's their primary goal, not to click on ads. When you put the ads at the top of a page you're putting them where people will ignore them. It may be the most visible place, but when they land on a page they immediately start below the ads to read the content.

The place where they will get the most attention is at the end of the content. The reason for this is once they have finished with a section of content they are at a place where they pause and consider where to go and what to do next. It's at this point where you have the most opportunity to get them to respond to an ad. If they're through with the content, then going away to an ad doesn't interfere with their use of the site.

The other thing you might consider is to make the ads stand out a bit more so that they get noticed more. Blending in with the look of a page isn't always a good idea, In this case where they won't be confused with content that extra contrast will be beneficial. It doesn't have to be a major change, perhaps darkening the blue a tad and putting a border around them or something like that.