PDA

View Full Version : Need help on PRICING

sweetsadaf
01 Jan 2007, 05:42 PM
Hi,

I am a Freelance Web Designer from Pakistan. I actually work for a person who give me projects from time to time thats why I call myself as a FREELANCE DESIGNER,, But I just got an email from a lady who is asking me the PRICE I will charge to do her projects.

She said she is in web design business and she often look for some designers thats why she want to know my pricing.

I don't know what to say to her as I dont want to lose this opportunity by telling her a HUGE price.

I think I should tell her that

"It depends on the project but whatever you decide we can negatiate on it"

can anyone please tell me this reply to her is fine?

coffeetone
02 Jan 2007, 04:31 AM
Hi,

I am a Freelance Web Designer from Pakistan. I actually work for a person who give me projects from time to time thats why I call myself as a FREELANCE DESIGNER,, But I just got an email from a lady who is asking me the PRICE I will charge to do her projects.

She said she is in web design business and she often look for some designers thats why she want to know my pricing.

I don't know what to say to her as I dont want to lose this opportunity by telling her a HUGE price.

I think I should tell her that

"It depends on the project but whatever you decide we can negatiate on it"

can anyone please tell me this reply to her is fine?

Hello Sadaf,

You need to think about how much you're going to charge, and how exactly you'll charge. But before you quote a price, you need to take a few things into consideration.

1- What is the project?
Before you evaluate any Web design project, you need to determine what it will entail. Some questions to ask include:
o How many pages will need to be created?
o Are there images and/or design that need to be used, or will they be created as part of the project?
o Is there content for the site, or will that be written by the designer?
o Will there be any Flash, multimedia, programming or scripting required?

Depending on the answer to those questions may raise your prices.

2-When do your clients want the proejct completed.
The more urgent a project is, the more you can generally charge.

3- How much experience do you have?
The more Web design experience you have, the more you can charge, and the more your clients will expect to pay.

Some general pricing are:

Static site
creating an original design for a web-page without using programming
From $400

Dynamic site
creating a site using programming
From $500

If you require more help and assistance regarding anything in web design do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at naureen_shahid@yahoo.com

Regards

Naureen Shahid