PDA

View Full Version : table border problem - please help

fadetoblack
05 Jan 2007, 07:49 AM
Hi, I am redesigning my site and the test pages are here:

http://www.monkeygambling.com/new%20pages/index.shtml

I have a small problem with the left hand menu in that it doesn't line up vertically. This is because I have an empty table inserted at the top of it which is quite important. It makes the search engines miss the menu out and skip straight to the central section.

Is there away to have this empty table exist with "0" height and not affect the menu beneath it?

thanks

jeffomac
05 Jan 2007, 09:34 AM
This is because I have an empty table inserted at the top of it which is quite important.
Is there away to have this empty table exist with "0" height and not affect the menu beneath it?
Hi...
From what I can tell, you have an empty table CELL, not a table there.
What it looks like to me is that you have a 3 column table ROW and that first column is empty with a height of "0".
I think it's rendering poorly because there is other data in that ROW.
You should try using empty table CELLs all the way across that ROW and that might do the trick... just guessing.
As it is though, you can't define multiple heights on a table the way you've built it. When you start doing colspans or rowspans it just makes things really messy too.
So, if I were you, I'd try to keep my table rows clean, like all the same height or something.

Just some thoughts.

hope that helps.
-Jeff