PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsense question?

Adamthenewbie
18 Jan 2007, 12:58 PM
I recently signed up for google adsense. The way my site is set up I am not sure if I am allowed to use the ads the way I have...

My website is: http://trackie.ca/default.php

Click on Forum for example and I placed the ads at the bottom of some of my sections so there not really hidden but a user would have to scroll to see them (if the page is to long). I didn't really have room to place them on top.

on the terms & condition it says : or remove, obscure or minimize any Ad, Link, Ad Unit, Search Result, or Referral Button in any way; (iii) frame, minimize, remove or otherwise inhibit the full and complete display of any Web page accessed by an end user after clicking on any part of an Ad ("Advertiser Page...etc

So I do have the ad in a frame but it's not really removed and I dont really inhibit the full and complete display? You just have to scroll? Anyway I probably should contact Google about it but I wanted to check somewhere else first... Let me know if anyone has any experience similar to this?

alvo
18 Jan 2007, 03:24 PM
Your placement is fine, and in fact may bring more clicks than placing them at the top of the page. Putting an ad at the bottom of a page isn't obscuring it. What Google is prohibiting is obscuring or changing the look of the ads so that people can't tell that it's an AdSense ad and perhaps trick people into clicking on them. They also prohibit the page an ad goes to be obscured or opened in within a frame of the page.