PDA

View Full Version : Importing Flash files into Dreamweaver??

nikki85
24 Jan 2007, 07:57 PM
It's my first time using either of these programs... so I have a few questions.

How do I save the flash file to where it can be put into Dreamweaver?

AND

How do I import it into Dreamweaver?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :o

Thanks,
Nikki

guigenius
27 Jan 2007, 09:36 AM
Due to Macromedia being very very good programs they have made it very easy to transfer files between all the range of programs.

I've used flash with Dreamweaver more times than I care to remember. Say you have a page, index.html, and this is the page you want your movie to appear, then you will want to save your flash file (filename.swf) into the very same folder as your page file.

The next thing is actually creating your flash file for the web, this is done by publishing the file. You work in flash using files called .FLA, when you want to put a flash file onto the internet you want to compress the movie and flatten it, this makes it smaller in file size and therefore quicker to load. Flash does this all for you in the form of a .swf file.

Open your movie in Flash, go to export, select the folder where your html page is located and export the movie as a .swf.

Importing into Dreamweaver is easy, simply open your page, put the mouse where you want to put your file on the page, go to import > media > flash and select your .swf file.

That's really as simple as I can put it, you shouldn't have any trouble, if you do just let me know.