PDA

View Full Version : Make money without offering ecommerce?

elli
15 Feb 2007, 02:06 AM
I am wondering if it is possible to make a good living if you don't offer ecommerce?
I know how to put PayPal into a site but, I don't like the fact that I would have to see my clients personal info and set up PayPal accounts for clients that don't have them.

I'll appreciate any advice or experience. Take care -elli

Nate
16 Feb 2007, 10:11 AM
Well I think you're shutting the door on a great opportunity. There are a lot of great software applications that are simple to install and modify. I've had some experience with OSCommerce.com, but i've had great success with Turn Key Web Tools (http://turnkeywebtools.com). There are branding free options with Turn Key and you can always just set it up as your own shopping cart, which they have to pay for. A Turn Key shopping cart costs around $190. You can always tell your client that your software costs x amount (you set your own price on it), and you'll set it up for them. It will then be their job to add content, pictures, etc. You'll save yourself a ton of time and your clients will be impressed with the ease of use of this software.

Like I said, I think it's important to offer it. Don't completely shut it out of what you offer. You want to be flexible and do what you can. But then again, you don't want to overload yourself with work. Good luck in your decision.