PDA

View Full Version : How to make style_import.css??

yunakokimama
22 Mar 2007, 11:06 AM
My japanese friend make template that is very strong for SEO(search engine optimization)

The template used

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style_import.css" type="text/css" media="screen,tv">

so that <H1> tag shows up upper line, not down line.

But my web pages uses Embedded CSS using dreamweaver 8, so my <H1> tagg appear in very down line. so it is not strong for SEO.

Please let me know how to create style_import.css in Dreamweaver 8?? or How can I convert Embedded CSS to external CSS??

My website is

http://www.coffeerosexpress.com

This is for business, so it can't changed design, so I want to keep the design.

Wickham
22 Mar 2007, 12:14 PM
At the moment you have a link to a styleheet called style.css
<LINK HREF="style.css" TYPE="text/css" REL="stylesheet"> and also a lot of styles inside <style type="text/css">......</style> tags in the head section of the page.

If you want to use the stylesheet style_import.css instead, delete most or all of the styles inside the style tags and insert this:-
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style_import.css" type="text/css" media="screen,tv">

If this stylesheet is part of the template and you cannot get it, then create your own stylesheet by using Notepad and putting all the styles that are inside the style tags into a separate stylesheet called style_import.css

It can be in addition to your existing stylesheet style.css like this:-
<LINK HREF="style.css" TYPE="text/css" REL="stylesheet">
but you should then check that there are no duplications in both stylesheets.