PDA

View Full Version : What code should I use? (details inside)

mastercorran
25 Mar 2007, 07:18 PM
I was wondering what kind of code I should use for adding log in's to my site. I want to make a site where people have to log in or else they can only see minimal information and when they do log in they can only see certain pages. (This is for a game) I was thinking that i need to use php or swl but i am not proficient in either. If someone could show me what kind of code that I should use and a good place to learn it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Alan
26 Mar 2007, 12:13 PM
I was wondering what kind of code I should use for adding log in's to my site. I want to make a site where people have to log in or else they can only see minimal information and when they do log in they can only see certain pages. (This is for a game) I was thinking that i need to use php or swl but i am not proficient in either. If someone could show me what kind of code that I should use and a good place to learn it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Ok let's see...

You will need PHP. You would need a good understanding of PHP and in particular session variables. They will allow you to carry information from page to page. Also, since there will be information that will need to be stored, you can either use a file system or a database. I recommend a database as it is alot faster and easier to implement (I think).

So look up tutorials on reading and writing to a MySQL database using PHP and also PHP session variables. You will need to learn alot to do this but if your determined then theres no problem.

If you have any questions or what specific problems solved, just drop me a pm. :-) Would be more than happy to help.