PDA

View Full Version : Section searching-PHP?

unnerved
10 Apr 2007, 12:05 AM
I'm building a site for a client who wants an apartment properties site with standards-based xhtml/css.

I need to know how I can add attributes to each apartment/description in the list on a page, such as apartment bedroom number (ex: 2-bedroom, 4-bedroom), or price range, etc., so that it can be searchable by the user to bring up the specifications requested.

Is there a way that I can add each apartment to the site with these attributes specified? Would I make them searchable by php, or what do I need to know?

Also, what can I set up that would allow my client to upload additional apartments to the correct sections, or remove expired ones?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks much.

bjk2007
13 Apr 2007, 06:55 PM
From what you've described, it sounds like what the best thing to do is to make a database of the various apartments. Use mysql, mssql, postgresql, etc. to host it. You can then use a server side language like PHP, ASP, etc. to process requests and match records in the database. It can be rather difficult though if you don't have server side scripting experience, but it's not a bad project for someone learning to work with databases. If you need any help come back and ask.