PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Text & Graphic Changes

Magiccupcake
24 Apr 2007, 03:04 PM
I am building a website for a radio station that would like to have who is currently talking and who will be up next display on their website. So I need a script of some sort that will automatically change the graphics and text in part of the page a certain times of the day (every 30 minutes or so). Does anyone know what would be the best way to do this? Or where I can find and easy to use script to do this. It really needs to be easy to change because my client will be doing the updates for it, because it will change every day.

Thanks

alvo
24 Apr 2007, 04:27 PM
It's extremely unlikely that you will find a pre-made script that will do this, but the good news is that what you want would be a very simple thing to code. What you need is a database set up to contain the information. Since the station probably has a set schedule for it's on-air talent you would need to set up the administrative section in a day of the week/time of day arrangement with the corresponding talent information linked to that. Then when the page is requested the script would check the current time and select from the database the information for that time slot and add it to the page and send it to the user.

If you use a freelance site like http://getafreelancer.com or one of the many others I'd expect this to cost you about $20 to have written.