PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver connect to MSAccess via ASP

uzee
28 Apr 2007, 04:38 PM
Hi All,

I'm completely new to dreamweaver and just got the software installed yesterday. But I'm quite comfortable in html and moderate javascript. I'm currently in a dilemma. I've been given 2-3 html pages (which I'm told were created thru Dreamweaver) and a separate database in MSAccess. Ofcourse the html pages do not show any scripting or the ASP part. I think I will need to re-create these pages and connect to the MSAccess db. I have looked at the ASP part to connect to the database which doesn't look too hard.

What I would like to know is that in Dreamweaver, is there a way to do this under a one-stop-shop. I mean when I recreate the pages, would I need to write the ASP script separately for the db connection or is it something that I can do from within dreamweaver, I know its pretty powerful.

Also, when I re-create the pages, do I need to start from scratch. I mean I have the html page and the images, I'm assuming I should be able to just open them up in dreamweaver and add/modify and work with the ASP part etc...??? is this correct.

Lastly, my apologies for asking this right off the bat before even going thru a basic tutorial, my reason is that I need to reply by tomorrow if this is something I can handle and with an approximate time frame.

Thanks very much for all your suggestions/advice

uzee