PDA

View Full Version : Help with my new Website

bull1991
22 May 2007, 09:32 PM
I just created a website two days ago called Info Path (informationpath.net). It is a search engine (using Sphider PHP search), a file hosting site (using a basic php upload form and jpmaster77's php login script), an e-mail site (using hosted g-mail), and a forums site (usin phpbb).

I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there an easy way to combine the login system for phpbb with jpmaster77's login system, or is it easier to make my own login system based off of phpbb, and combine it with phpbb so you han have one username for the whole site?

2. I am using g-mail hosted mail, but I have to create e-mail addresses myself. Is there a script or program that will create e-mail addresses @ my domain name when people sign up?

3. I also want to offer free web hosting on my site. I have heard about xpanel, but Im working on a low budget and need to make money before I can spend it. Is there a web hosting control panel that supports free webhosting like geocities does or something?

4. I want to promote my site and gain visitors, what is the best way to bring many visitors to my site?

5. Im using sphider right now for my web search engine, is there a faster or better web spider/crawler out there? Is there a better way to start your own search engine?

6. I purchased FileChucker for my file uploads, but I can't seem to get it to work. How do you install FileChucker on your server?

Please could someone help me with these things, Im an intermediate at php and know a lot about html but I know nothing about javascript, asp, and that stuff.

By the way, my hosting platform is linux.