PDA

View Full Version : Cross-compatibility issues with Internet Explorer

Darkly
16 Jul 2007, 11:00 AM
Hi there,

Been working on a site that was originally migrated from an old Frontpage markup, but it's been in Dreamweaver for several years now.

Problem is, it is no longer working in new versions of IE. All other browsers I have tested (Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, Opera) have no problem with it, but IE ignores all the menus and crashes completely if I have debug set on. Problem seems to be in the old Frontpage-specific javascript script attribute fptype="dynamicanimation" but I figured this WOULD work in IE, but it doesn't.

As it is 99% functional in most browsers, I am hoping not to have to spend the time rewriting it to bring it up to W3C standards. Would anyone have an idea of a workaround that I can implement that will make IE happy?

It can be found at www.oldworldfilm.com/foundobjects.htm

Thanks!

Darkly
18 Jul 2007, 12:13 AM
I found the problem. The legacy Frontpage code had to be discarded, and I had to rewrite the menu structure. Quite simple really.
Thanks anyway.

Hi there,

Been working on a site that was originally migrated from an old Frontpage markup, but it's been in Dreamweaver for several years now.

Problem is, it is no longer working in new versions of IE. All other browsers I have tested (Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, Opera) have no problem with it, but IE ignores all the menus and crashes completely if I have debug set on. Problem seems to be in the old Frontpage-specific javascript script attribute fptype="dynamicanimation" but I figured this WOULD work in IE, but it doesn't.

As it is 99% functional in most browsers, I am hoping not to have to spend the time rewriting it to bring it up to W3C standards. Would anyone have an idea of a workaround that I can implement that will make IE happy?

It can be found at www.oldworldfilm.com/foundobjects.htm

Thanks!