PDA

View Full Version : designing FORMS in html

mr friendly
18 Jul 2007, 06:00 AM
im a new web designer based in orange county california. im trying to teach myself web design using online tutorials and books.

im currently building a page using dreamweaver and i have 2 forms on the page. in the first form i want ppl to submit their name, email and then write comments and the SUBMIT button should send all their info to my email.

*how can i get the form to reset after they submit the form, but make the browser stay on the same page. i want to notoify them that their message has been sent without loading a new page

on the second form i want them to enter in their name, their friends email addresses and then i already have a comment written for them, its a link to my site. when they hit the SUBMIT button, i want the form to be sent, via email to the addresses that they type into the designated field.

*how do i do that? do i simply add a hidden field and the in the code instead of 'mailto:example@aol.com' do i somehow point it to send the message to the values in the given box? i.e. 'mailto:'see value of FRIENDS_EMAILS textfield'?

any help would be appreciated. ive read several online tutorials but they only cover the basics

Wickham
18 Jul 2007, 06:51 AM
It's definitely a job for PHP; there's a separate board for that if no one answers here.

edit......

This shows the sort of thing PHP can do; it sends data to my database and leaves a "Thank You" message on the same page but I'm not good enough with PHP to alter it so that it sends data to an email instead but still leaves the message after clicking the submit button.

http://www.wickham43.net/formphptomysql.php