PDA

View Full Version : updating site content with no html editor

bambo
22 Jul 2007, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I need to update our site content through the admin panel.
the admin panel doesn't have an html editor, but I need to put bold, underline, and different sizes and styles to the texts.

I've tried to first create the text in dreamweaver and then to copy the generated code into the admin panel, but it seems dreamweaver automatically creates css styles for the texts, so I cannot use it.

any ideas how to solve this?

thanks,

rfresh
22 Jul 2007, 12:14 PM
Try using an editor instead of DW to create/edit your HTML code. You can use NotePad or what I prefer using is Edit Plus2 programmers editor because it supports syntax colored HTML tags. Anyway, which ever editor you use, you should be able to then easily copy & paste it where you need it.

BTW - I've never heard of editing site content thru the control panel like you are doing (I'm sure it can be done I've just not done it that way). The usual way is to use an editor, make your changes and then FTP the files up to your website. You can use a 3rd party FTP tool like cuteFTP or some editors have bulit-in FTP capability like Edit Plus2 so you can edit/save/publish quickly.

Good luck!