PDA

View Full Version : google analytics!

marcelomdsc
11 Aug 2007, 07:47 AM
Hello, I just finished my website, and I know how to install google analytics in it, but my website has a english version and a spanish version.
So by typing the domain name, www.studios29.com you get to a page that lets you choose the language and then the spanish version is
www.studios29.com/esp
and the english version
www.studios29.com/eng

So, if I want to get separate information from both versions of the site, do I just create 2 profiles things, with 2 different tracking codes?
what about the default page in my domain, the one that let's me choose the language?

Thanks, Marcelo.

WebDevPodcast
12 Aug 2007, 03:18 PM
Hello, I just finished my website, and I know how to
So, if I want to get separate information from both versions of the site, do I just create 2 profiles things, with 2 different tracking codes?
what about the default page in my domain, the one that let's me choose the language?

Thanks, Marcelo.

marcelo, we had the same situation. My client wanted two seprate profiles and that worked fine. I guess for 2 languages, it is not that bad. However for more langs, I think you can create one profile as I don't think the language makes a difference. The language folder is just a rendering service, but the profile for Google Analytics should be the same.

In your home page, maybe you are using ASP or PHP? If so, make a PHP or ASP script to dynamically change the language when calling Google Analytics.

I hope this helps.
Bruce
Podcast for web designers (check my profile for the podcast address).