PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

ldb0110
31 Aug 2007, 03:20 AM
Hi,
I am attempting to make a web site using 'css simulated frames'. I am using an external style sheet. I have encountered two problems so far.

1. In IE6 my 'main-content' frame displays two sets of scroll bars.

2. In Both IE6 and FF5 'outside web pages' (not authored by me) overflow from left to right (have to scroll from left to right to see all content on page).

I can live with problem 1. but it is really annoying and seems unprofessional to leave that way. But problem 2. is about to drive me completely insane.

Is there a hack for IE6 to disable one of the sets of scroll bars?

Can I make 'outside web pages' word wrap, or scalable so that content does not overflow from left to right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Is there a place (or way) to upload my files so I can show people the problem?

Thanks Again

Wickham
31 Aug 2007, 03:41 AM
I don't know what you mean by css simulated frames. Any frame or iframe can be given a size so that it shows that size and anything too large inside will create scrollbars. iframes give you an extra set of scrollbars - one set for the iframe, one for the page. Framesets with frames should only give you scrollbars for each frame that needs them, not for the frameset itself.

You can either upload your html and css files here inside [ code]...[ /code] tags (no space after [) or just give a link to your online page.

There is also a way of deleting scrollbars in frames and iframes but I think it controls both, not one or the other; see
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html
paras 16.2.2 and 16.5