PDA

View Full Version : Website Database question...URGENT!

DesignerGirl
01 Sep 2007, 11:50 PM
Hi all,

I have a client who has a large static website. It is about 50 pages, and it was designed by me in HTML with javascript.

Now he wants to create a login system for his clients to register and then at a later date, they can come back and login and make changes to their profile.

There would be two pages that his clients would go to in order to create a login. It would be a "sign up to be service provider" and one that is a "sign up to be a customer". Then the home page would have a place that would allow the people to enter their email and password to login to their profiles.

Here is my question, can his static site remain the same with just a database connected to the pages that need to be dynamic? Or does his WHOLE website need to be re-created??

I am speaking with this client again on monday morning, so if you read this and can answer, I would greatly appreciate your answer and help!!

Thanks and hope you are having a good weekend.

Bonni

08 Sep 2007, 03:57 PM
Just the pages that need to be dynamic have to be created/changed. The existing static pages DO NOT have to be changed at all. I would do the dynamic pages using PHP and MySQL if your site is hosted on a Linux server. PHP and MySQL are free tools on Linux. If you're on windows then you may have to use .asp and MSSQL.

But to answer your burning question: no, you do not have to touch your static pages at all to add dynamic web pages!!

RalphF
http://www.1849WebHosting.com