PDA

View Full Version : Which programming framework?

tyroprate
03 Sep 2007, 03:59 PM
Hello. I am an entrepreneur who is planning to develop and launch a website. I am not a designer, and I will be outsourcing the development of the site. But first, I have a question:

The site I want to develop will need to be sort of a combination of a social networking site and an e-commerce site. Users will need to be able to design their own page (similar to MySpace) and it needs to have a feedback system (similar to eBay). Is PHP the programming language you would use to do something like this? I need to know what skills to look for in a programmer before I start looking.

Thanks in advance for any help.

pracket
18 May 2011, 12:24 AM
All of the languages like PHP, .NET are capable of this. I'm not sure which of these is objectively better, but the difference would be minimal, I think.

More pertinent to the decision of language may be the availability of developers. Or if you already know somebody and trust him/her, then use whatever he is best at.

Maybe someone else can confirm whether there's a difference in the cost of developers. With PHP being open source, are developers more plentiful in PHP, thus causing a lower cost?