PDA

View Full Version : overriding a preexisting website

gidgetgirl
04 Oct 2007, 07:01 PM
Hey-- I'm new at this web designing stuff. I'm a graphic designer who has started doing web pages, and I'm redesigning a pre-existing webpage in Go-Live (any thoughts on Go-Live vs. Dreamweaver?) and I'm trying to upload my site, and everytime I check to see if the site has been uploaded, the old site is still there.
I may be so new to this, that I don't even know how to phrase the right question. I need your experienced web guru help!
thanks,
gidgetgirl

04 Oct 2007, 09:06 PM
I assume your trying to upload within your Go-Live tool? How did you configure it for the FTP upload parameters? Are you using an IP address or the domain name? You are sure you are using the correct username and password to allow for FTP uploads? and the correct directory has been specified?

If you are using a domain name, was it recently changed? or is it a new domain name? If it's new, it probably hasn't propagated across the internet yet so you may have to wait another 24 hours or so before you can access the website or you can get around this by using the IP address.

RalphF
Affordable VPS Hosting
http://www.1849webhosting.com