PDA

View Full Version : Know how to write but not how to make the right website?

cjphillips
24 Oct 2007, 07:35 PM
Need desperate help as a website dummy?
What is a good and affordable provider where I may build on my own using their tools?
Don't understand the real terms in regarding computer and website talk.
Basically...want a provider that has plenty of templates to choose from so I can build it myself as I volunteer to do www.frozenhoops.com and www.woodbuffalosports.com with Lycos/Tripod but want to step up to a better provider.
Also want to change www.legionathleticcamp.com to a self build provider as the company doing it for us charges too much and we feel not getting our bang for the $$$$.
Want a website provider where one may just copy and paste....have plenty of space to create plenty of pages. Affordable also with no ads or popups. Looking at $15 to $20 a month?
Know nothing about html or whatever. Just want to sit and type information on site with a tools section to help with fonts and such.
Simple and stupid but that looks good.
Any advice? Need pretty soon as will soon have to change provider for legionathleticcamp.com site. Although I have been a print and television journalist for 30 years still find the website base confusing. HELP!

David Bowley
25 Oct 2007, 05:12 AM
What you need is a web host that offers a site builder, lots of them do this such as Yahoo and other well known brands - but I can't say properly cos I've never used a site builder before.

My main concern for you would be to make sure you get the domain name transferred over to you if it isn't already. If you are not happy with the web designers, one of the problems that can be had is that they can stop you from moving your domain name into your own name if they registered it for you. So before you make any negative comments towards them, make sure it's your name on all the documents.

Oh btw, I removed your email address because this forum doesn't allow the posting of contact details - for your own protection as well as ours.