PDA

View Full Version : How can i do this function...please help

dj_shinji
22 Nov 2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.lafilm.com/home.html low banwithd edition.

At the rigth corner theres a module with the latest news of the website/school events. I would like to put something like this on my website but need to know how did they do it.

thank for your help.

jd307
23 Nov 2007, 07:40 PM
If you are talking about the little section that has 3 images that rotate around with the different text under each then you can quite easily do that using JavaScript. Basically create an external JavaScript file that contains an array of 3 images (in this case). Set up a second array that contains 3 'comments'.
You will then need to set up a function that displays each image and its associated caption at the same time, but ticks through each one in sequence, using document.write to display the content on your HTML page.

To change the content simply change the JS files arrays to change the appropriate image and comment.

If you search for JavaScript image galleries on Google you are sure to find some code already written for this kind of thing. I'd write some for you but its 1.40am, and I can't think straight at the moment. Good luck. If I remember I'll show you some code to do this.

If this isn;t what you mean... what part did you mean?