PDA

View Full Version : Question about Template cusomtizing

remark
05 Dec 2007, 12:04 PM
Ok, So as a rookie desinger question. I noticed a few things and am looking for advice on 2 major topics regarding Templates for a site or future client sites.

Topic 1. It appears to me allot of people don't like templates style desingers,however I couldn't help noticing Pictures for website usage are not cheap. If I were to become a decent webmaster I would need a lot of picuters for different clients needs and that might cost me 60-100 bucks per sight. Is this what most of you do, pay as needed per sight for new pictures to customize the sight? Or is ther a place to buy a package deal for 100 bucks. It just seems like templates can save a ton of time and money for most clients needs. THoughts and Opinions?

Topic 2: I have noticed some nice jobsite templates however, as I am sure you know. They have no real functions like to the links embededed in the template basically takes one to another place holidng in that page or antoher page on that site. So how do the job boards like indeed.com work? It's possible I should just start a job board that is empty from PHP script and just patiently build up a databse of resumes and employers. Althogh it would be cool to have an app/service that pulled from other job sites postings like jobkabob which I wa snot impressed with. My end goal is to be able to learn to link these to a clients database so when someone clicks on say "Nursing Jobs" it actually pulls up a list of available jobs, not just diplay some cheesy text about a Nurses Job Description like many template do.