PDA

View Full Version : Graphics don't show up. Why?

figment84
06 Dec 2007, 03:09 PM
Hey all!

I have a problem with a page that I am doing for someone and while all the graphics appear when I try to open the page, when he does - they don't! I tried to open the page from different computers and using different browsers and they all open. What are some reasons that might be causing this just on that other person's computer?

Could it be some kind of a browser problem? I noticed that the source in the *.html file for all is just picture_name.jpg, but when I right click the pics it shows the full path name like this "http://mypage.com/picture_name.jpg." Do all browsers figure this out automatically or do I need to type in the full path of each?

Please help! Thanks! :wave:

Wickham
06 Dec 2007, 03:41 PM
If you are looking at the page online and can see the graphics, then it seems that the code is OK, or nearly OK, and the problem might be with his browser.

You don't have to code the full external url for images, picture_name.jpg should be OK if the directory structure is correct. The image file should be in the same directory as the html file with that code.

Be careful with capitals/lower case. If the filename has capitals like picture_name.JPG but the url in the html file has picture_name.jpg or vice versa, some browsers may not find the image.

Does his browser options have downloading images disabled? Unlikely, but worth a check.