View Full Version : web site help please

coneill365
07 Jan 2008, 04:16 PM
Right any help would be great.

How the hell can I create a website that looks like most football club websites
EG www.mtfc.co.uk
Yeah they look pretty complicated so this one is quite simple
http://i2.tinypic.com/6s68egy.jpg
I know how to make a website but everything I try looks taccy and samey.
Help please.
Surely its not too hard to make a site like the 2nd link?
What software can people recomend me?
Cheers

alvo
07 Jan 2008, 05:23 PM
Software won't make you a designer any more than having a typewriter makes you a writer. Design is a skill that one can learn coupled with an innate sense of what looks good (harder to learn). It's one of those left brain/right brain things that makes some people better at it than others.

At least you know that what you have come up with isn't good enough, something some people can't see unless someone shows them something better. There are a couple of ways to approach this (other than hiring someone to do it for you), and that is to find something you like and use that as a template to produce a version you like (template sites are a good place to look for something that has the look-and-feel you want). It doesn't matter what the site you use is about as you will be using your own color scheme, images, content and such, and the resultant site probably won't look much like the one cribbed off of once you're done (other than the basic page structure). The other possibility is to post what you have done in the Web Site Reviews section and ask people for thoughts on what to change to make it more professional looking. Or do both.