PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know

Tanubis
10 Jan 2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone know how I might go about disabling refresh? I'm working on an internal application that runs off multiple asp servers. When the application loads,100MB worth of pages are cached on the client inside a frameset. JavaScript menus let you resize the frames so only what you are working on is visible, but if a user hits the f5 key it refreshes the entire frameset instead of just what is visible to the user. I have complete control over the installing and configuring of the client browser, but right now the only one we've got that allows full screen with no pop up dimension restrictions is IE6. There's lots of flash movies and Java applets inside the frameset, which stop me from using the onkeyup/onkeypress javascripts as a reliable solution (if focused on any of these elements the javascript doesn't trigger to stop the f5).

So... anyone know a way to break the F5 key on an IE6 install, a way to get us firefox with the same level of kiosk support that we enjoy on IE6, or a more reliable way to register the F5 key on javascripts?

Thanks very much,

Tanubis