PDA

View Full Version : ..dreaming colour combinations

petrus1982
23 Jan 2008, 05:58 PM
Greatings (sorry 4 bad eng.writing just in case..)

I'm new here (blabla..),i am no profy, but wanna make a website. The problem is, i'v got so many combinations in my head that i d0n't know which one to choose. Now, you would tell me: that depends, cause what's the purpose of the site, well..i'm doing a website for a church here where i live. I have looked at many examples on the net (templatemonster, etc..).. and many of them are flash build. I'm doing only with css,html (maybe adding a little javascript).

I start off with a scratch on a paper, then i take a graphic editor.. like paint.net and then draw the header and body..etc.. (a layout) but this is for colour purposes (is this a good practice?)..and then i experiment with colours.. (not too much, 3-4 colours maximum).. and then i would begin with coding the layout...but always the same problem, i've got too many colour combinations in my head and it's driving me nuts..
(colour combinations: borders,header,menu,navigation,body,space,html,text..)
did you got a colour problem too? how did you solve it? -trying everything?

It's for an internatinal church, the pastor told me "be creative" and make something.. it doesn't matter if it's black or red, green or blue..

i've got color scheme studio installed on my pc and seen a lot of generators on the internet but that's not the solution.

So, what's your advice? I was wondering is there a tool available that have some sort of presets or shapes specially for website layouts and some automatic colouring?

I hope it's no stupid question.. but the last few days i'm dreaming colour combinations and everytime i come with some new ideas.. and at the end....the thing gets complicated when i think of adding gradients...(or can i make a border so nice like i have in my imaginations?

thank you for reading.
petrus ;)

NotalesS
23 Jan 2008, 10:43 PM
I use these sites my self. Colourlovers is my personal favorite.

http://www.colourlovers.com/

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html