PDA

View Full Version : questions about dreamweaver forms

geekgirl
28 Jan 2008, 03:57 PM
ok, so I have created a form in dreamweaver that asks for the users e-mail, allows them to send a file, and theres some checkboxes, and a submit button of course.

Coding confuses me easily, so I always use the design option in dreamweaver, so please do your best to help me understand without using fancy talk.

Now heres my questions:

1) Is there anyway I can only allow users to send image files and not allow any other types? How? Please explain in detail, im very new to this. I'm expecting rather large photos to be sent.

2) I dont understand how to see the results. I believe you enter something into the "action" area, and that directs the form results to somewhere, but where? what are my options and how do I go about doing these options?

Ive been trying all week to find a good tutorial on this, but they just dont explain it simply enough for me!

I'm a graphic designer trying to be a web designer, and I could really use your help! Tell me what to do.

alvo
28 Jan 2008, 05:53 PM
You can create the form in Dreamweaver, but it won't work until you have a proper script linked to it. Creating the form simply makes a section with the variables needed for the script to work, but you still need to add the code.

You can look for an appropriate script at http://hotscripts.com (try the PHP section). You can restrict the file format choices by requiring the uploaded files to have an extension in a pre-approved list which the script can check for acceptance.