PDA

View Full Version : Some help please!??

mitchrenton
31 Jan 2008, 05:58 AM
Iv just started out in the web design world, finished my first site (www.piques****tailbar.co.uk). I designed the site on my mac and had a lot of cross browser issues, did the best job i could to solve them but the fonts just look a lot different (size wise) on different operating systems. Firefox for mac looks the same as Safari, but firefox on windows looks different. IE looks simliar to firefox though. Other sites i look at on the web look the same on both platforms. Could somebody please help with this!? id be very greatfull

My CSS (www.piques****tailbar.co.uk/piques.css

they have blacked out the middle word becasue its naughty! but its c- o- c- k-

Mitch

Wickham
31 Jan 2008, 10:49 AM
All your font sizes seem to be in px, mainly 12px; and I find that it looks the same in IE7, Firefox, Opera (all on Windows) but Safari for Windows shows the text slightly smaller and thicker, it almost looks bold.

I find this with my sites too and I don't know of a cure. If they all have a font size stated there isn't anything else I can think of to solve it, except:

If you could set a javascript sniffer for Safari then you could set a stylesheet just for Safari and set the font-weight at a lower number but I don't know the javascript for that.