PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Do I need Macromedia Studio 8???

ebnozn
02 Feb 2008, 05:36 AM
Hello. Hoping someone can give me some advice about which editor I need. I don't have any ambitions of becoming a full-fledged web designer, but I have a number of web sites that I would like to design from scratch or modify from a template, e.g., Template Monster. I don't envision using a lot of flash as the type of websites will be relatively static, thus not requiring a lot of bells and whistles. I could see a need for adding .pdf versions of published articles on the website down the road. I think Flashpaper does this. Other than that, I can see using some forms on the site that would allow a prospective client to contact me with his or her issue and contact information. Possibly e-commerce capabilities would be needed to accept credit cards down the road.

My basic question is do I really need to go out and spend upwards of $600+ on Macromedia Studio 8 (full retail) or should I just get Dreamweaver 8? I've read that Studio 8 by Macromedia is preferred to the newer editions by Adobe, i.e., less buggy. Hoping someone can confirm.

In any event, I would greatly appreciate any comments you may have. Thanks in advance.